.
.
Posted on 11:05 AM

Monday Re up #8 Kid Cudi Edition

Filed Under (,,) By Alex at 11:05 AM



Last Friday at Coda club, the peer pressure weekly featured some very real Hip Hop through the performances of Hollywood Holt and Kid Cudi. Ever since Kid Cudi dropped Day 'N' Nite which we featured in the very first edition of Monday Re up, we've been following his tracks with utmost attention.

Kid Cudi's set was in a few words a hip hop extravaganza. In a few more words, I've admittedly not been to as many hip hop shows as I'd like to say I have, but that's mostly due to Montreal's general lack of Hip Hop shows. On that note, I don't have anything to complain about in the coming weeks as Common and N.E.R.D. are actually here in a few days at Metropolis.

I'm trying to build up the courage to spend 42.50$ plus taxes to go see them, but haven't quite made it yet. Let alone convince some other poor soul to come with me.

The interaction with the audience really set Kid Cudi apart from the other acts I've seen. I was especially pleased when he did a freestyle over flashing lights and spit a line dissing the girls in the front ie the drunk bitches dancing near the stage trying to get even a foot on the stage to be a little closer to pseudo fame. Agreed, Mr Cudi.

See below a meticulously compiled list of tracks designed to both mock the people who missed the show and appease those who did. Included is Maui Wowie, one of the most fun live songs in his set and his take on our own A Trak's Mastered originally featuring Lupe Fiasco I believe.


Kid Cudi - Maui Wowie (mp3) (zshare)








Kid Cudi - Love Stoned Freestyle (mp3) (zshare)








A Trak - Mastered [ft. Kid Cudi] (mp3) (zshare)










0 comments