.
.





The only thing cooler than a french canadian concert pianist, is one who covers Daft Punk, gets remixed by Boys Noize and collaborates with Teki Latex. Self described bohemian oppertunist Gonzales is one such concert pianist, who amuses me with his oddball photo's as much as he impresses me with his collaborative creativity.

In an interview with Palms Out, Gonzales dropped this little gem,

"Canada has no culture beyond bearded indie-rock so I left."

I can't help but know what Gonzales means by this, but still I won't defend it in the interest of avoiding a tiresome and mostly pointless debate. Did I mention he remixed some Feist tracks awhile back? No? He did. He's been all over the place lately drumming up some attention for his upcoming album Soft Power and will be touring extensively in support of it. If you'd like to prove to Gonzales himself that here is room in Canadian culture beyond bearded indie-rock, show up to his May 8th show at Le National and tell him yourself.


Gonzales - Too Long [Daft Punk Cover] (mp3)







Gonzales - Working Together [Boys Noize Remix] (mp3)







Gonzales - Slow Down Remix Ft. Teki Latex (mp3)







0 comments