.
.
Posted on 1:03 PM

On Black Kids


Indie bands come from Jacksonville?
No...
well...
fuck
they do now.

My train of thought whilst i was checking out Black Kids on myspace. These guys and girls have some seriously catchy indie-synth-rock songs with a clear and unique personality to them. They're debut EP Wizard of Ahhhs came out in august and can be downloaded in its entirety for free from their website. Right now they appear to be in the UK touring to promote said EP. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for these kids inevitable arrival in Montreal. Although the song "I'm not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you" has been widely blogged about - even bringing about a cover by Kate Nash - it's not my favorite. Which is you ask? i'm so glad you did.

Black Kids - Hurricane Jane (mp3)







Black Kids - Hit the Heartbrakes (mp3)







Kate Nash - I'm not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You [Black Kids Cover] (mp3)






0 comments